KRISTA J. COSTA, MICP
Krista is the Vice President of Corporate Services and Office Leasing for Divaris Real Estate, Inc.’s corporate office in Virginia Beach. She primarily focuses on office leasing, investment sales, and corporate real estate services to the firm’s national clients. Krista teams with Michael Divaris to exclusively represent several national companies in connection with their corporate expansion/retention projects. Together they coordinate these projects by creating a strategic plan that is responsive and consistent with each client’s corporate objectives.
As a lifelong resident of Virginia Beach, Krista has unparalled, in depth knowledge of the local commercial real estate market. Krista represents both tenants and property owners throughout the Southeastern Virginia market. She currently leases a portfolio of over 850,000 square feet of office space in Hampton Roads with owners ranging from REIT’s to individual local developers. This portfolio consists of large blocks of Class A office space centrally located in the Town Center of Virginia Beach and Class B and C office in suburban areas of Virginia Beach and Norfolk. She has also represented both buyers and sellers in the acquisition and/or disposition of office and free standing retail buildings throughout the market.
Krista has won numerous performance awards. Most recently these include the 2007 – 2012 Power Broker Award from the Costar Group for being ranked among Hampton Roads top brokers in office leasing transaction volume; Divaris Real Estate’s 2007 and 2010 Bronze Circle of Excellence, 2008 Silver Circle of Excellence and the 2009, 2011 and 2012 Gold Circle of Excellence for gross billings; Hampton Roads Commercial Alliance 2010 Bronze Commercial Sales and Leasing Achievement Award, 2009 and 2011 Silver Commercial Sales and Leasing Achievement Award; and 2012 Gold Commercial Sales and Leasing Award, Divaris Real Estate Employee of the Year 2005; and Divaris Real Estate Community Service Award 2011 for her work with The Up Center.
Krista holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, where she double-majored in Finance and International Business, and a Master in Commercial Property (MICP) from The Lipsey School of Real Estate.
Past and current Corporate Service Accounts:
- Hayes, Seay, Matern & Mattern (Engineers–now AECOM) Exclusive Tenant Representation – 5 years
- Watershed Concepts – (Engineers) National Account – 5 years
- Dermalogica, Inc. – US and Canadian Corporate Services – 11 years
- Chartway Federal Credit Union – 2 years
- Employment Guide/Trader Publishing -National Preferred Service Provider – 4 years
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in Virginia
- The CORE Network – Virginia affiliate
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Hampton Roads – Charter Member, Past Board Member, 2006 Member of Excellence
- Central Business District Association (CBDA) – Member
- Hampton Roads Association of Commercial Real Estate (HRACRE) – 2013-2014 Board Member, Committee Chair
- The Up Center – Team UP Back to School Drive
- Girls on the Run – Race Day Volunteer
Projects Krista has been involved with include:
- DRE’s Corporate Services Group Keys In On Client Relationships
- Hampton Roads Offers New Office Opportunities
- Several Divaris Associates Honored, Promoted
- Trust is the Foundation of DRE’s Corporate Services
- DRE’s Corporate Services Division Secures Space for HSMM, Nationally
- Watershed Concepts Leases Offices in Greensboro, North Carolina
- HSMM Signs Lease for 25,890 s.f. in Washington, DC
- Dermalogica Leases Office Space in San Francisco
- Dermalogica Opens New Office in Englewood, Colorado